When it comes to heating or cooling our home, we all want the biggest bang for our buck. Here in the Valley of the Sun, efficiency is the key to striking a balance between comfort and savings. Hobaica Services suggests the following tips to keep your system operating at its peak:
- Set the thermostat properly– this means setting the thermostat to a recommended temperature of 78 degrees in summer and 70 degrees in winter.
- Clean and replace air filters– air filters should be replaced every 4 to 6 weeks in our dusty desert climate. Your comfort specialist at Hobaica Services can answer any questions that you may have regarding replacement frequency as well as the best filter for your system.
- Eliminate leaks– small leaks can diminish efficiency. Monitor and seal cracks in and around doors and windows, this will increase efficiency and save money.
- Keep coils clean– indoor and outdoor air conditioning coils should be professionally cleaned on a regular basis.
- Check for ice on pipes– We recommend calling a technician any time that ice appears on the air conditioning unit, particularly around the pipes. Hobaica’s NATE Certified Technicians can repair a problem before the unit becomes permanently damaged.
- Keep the area around the AC unit clear– make sure there is plenty of room for air to circulate around the condenser and indoor evaporator unit. Maintain at least 18 inches of air space around the unit, and don’t enclose or cover it. Keep leaves, dirt or other debris away from the unit.
- Schedule annual checkups- despite the misconception, routine maintenance can save you money in the long run by diagnosing small issues before they become major repairs.
None of us want to pay more than necessary to keep our home comfort systems running efficiently. Hobaica Services suggests that all Arizona homeowners who want to keep their homes affordably comfortable incorporate these tips into their regular home maintenance routines. If you would like to know more about how you can keep your home comfortable and still economical, contact Hobaica Services at 602-995-0387.