Actions That Help Improve the Situation
Most methods of combating pollution are pretty straightforward, but by actively employing these methods, you can make our neighborhood a more pleasant place to live in for the future. Here are five details to consider:
- Avoid Burning Trash – While mostly an outdated practice, it has consequences with our modern plastic waste, especially PVC, that creates toxic smoke.
- Carpool, Bike & Walk – Having a car is a great luxury, but car emissions are a big part of our pollution problems.
- Use Newer Lawn Equipment – Older models don’t have any pollution control devices.
- Join Campaigns – One such campaign is a push from the EPA to reduce school bus emissions by not having them idle on the school’s campus.
- Use Less Energy – Easier said than done, right? Check out the EPA’s tips to get ideas.
In the past few decades, many businesses have been become increasingly aware of what they can do for pollution as well, but it’s a slow climb to fresh air in the city.