How Team Meetings Promote Personal Growth & Superior Customer Service
Notes From Hobaica: We originally wrote this 4-part series to encourage and educate other local business owners on the value of building a positive company culture. We share this with you, our customers, because you ultimately benefit from the community involvement, teamwork, personal growth & industry expertise of our exceptional team of technicians and office staff.
When people ask what has made our business successful, we do not hesitate to say, “Our Team”. Without our office staff and technicians to carry out our mission each and every day, we would be nothing more than a few brothers with a few trucks.
The follow up question is typically something along the lines of, “How did you find such a great group of individuals?” And there we have to pause and explain. Of course it is difficult to find great employees to hire, but it is even more difficult to retain and motivate great employees and that is where our company philosophy comes into play. Our strategy revolves around recruiting “B Players” and leading them to become “A Players”.
The Hobaica management team has carefully curated an extremely positive company culture here that not only encourages teamwork, but individual growth as well. And the staple of our positive company culture is our bi-weekly company “Morning Meetings”. This meeting includes the entire staff and incorporates everything from reciting the pledge of allegiance, our company mission statement & motto to rewarding team members for positive affirmations from customers.
The Morning Meeting is a way for us to bring everyone together as one unified team, celebrate our successes, talk about ways we positively impacted our customers and remind each individual how impactful they are to the overall success of the company. And we think that is what differentiates our success from our competitors. It gives our employees a reason to be the very best they can be, and it fosters a sense of team spirit that not every organization can claim to have.
See some of our great internal videos on our Hobaica Services Facebook Page!
Components of the Morning Meeting
Each meeting we select one employee at random to start the meeting off! That employee starts off with the company cheer and then leads our entire team in reciting the pledge of allegiance, our mission statement, our motto, and our company jingle. This process definitely wakes everyone up, gets them out of their comfort zone, gives us all a good laugh, and gets the day started on the right foot!
1. Mission Statement: At Hobaica Services, we promise to serve our customers professionally and efficiently, while treating them as we would want to be treated. We will provide the greatest value possible, by offering the best service and uncompromising quality… every time!
2. Company Cheer: I’m Alive, I’m Awake – I Feel Great!”
3. Company Motto: “No Worries”
5. Thought For The Week: We play a quick game of Hangman centered around a specific theme that we selected for the week. It get’s everyone’s wheels turning and helps them think outside the box!
6. Employee Recognition: We make sure our employees are recognized and appreciated through a variety of reward programs and activities including Employee of the Month, Raving Fan Champ, Culture Ball, Hobaica Wheel of Fortune, Team Inspiration Cards, Birthdays/Anniversaries, and Drawings. We celebrate the winners of these and more during our meeting.
7. New Programs/Processes: We keep everyone informed of new marketing programs, development changes and/or new training that will be taking place. It allows everyone to contribute their ideas and educate our customers.
8. Monthly Goals: We review our monthly goals status, brainstorm how we can improve & celebrate successes
9. Bonuses: Monthly bonus spiff checks and vacation dollars are celebrated and distributed. All team members accumulating over $500 are recognized in front of their peers.
10. Motivational Video: We incorporate a video that supports our theme of the week and/or our mission of superior customer service and share it with the team. It allows us to remind them of who we are as an organization and what we want to represent.
If you’re looking for ways to bring your company together to foster teamwork and encourage employees to give their personal best, we highly encourage regular team meetings as well as a a variety of other programs that reinforce your company’s Core Values.
It is important to remember that your team must be your #1 focus. The better you take care of your team, the better your customers will be taken care of!
If your employees enjoy what they do and respect who they work for, they are much more inclined to give your customers the very best customer service that they can, and that is one reason why we have created the work environment that we have here at Hobaica.
Remember, look out for the next 3 chapters of our “Creating Positive Company Culture Series” to learn more about our internal and external programs that encourage positive attitude around the office and subsequently in the homes of our customers!
If you have questions about becoming a Hobaica team member, or you would like more information about our efforts internally or out in the community, take a look at our other blog posts or call our friendly office staff at 602-633-9555, today!