The three main components that work in unison to keep your home comfortable year-round are:
- The thermostat, which tells the system when to turn on and off.
- The heat pump, furnace or air conditioner, which is responsible for producing warm or cool air, and
- The ductwork, which distributes the conditioned air throughout the home.
By improving the efficiency of each of these components, your system will not only perform better, but you’ll save money too! Here are some tips:
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. By automatically raising or lowering the temperature while you are away from home or sleeping, you avoid wasting money on heating or cooling your home when no one is up or around.
- Replace air filters often. Air filters are an important factor in your comfort system. By improving the air flow to you system, the air filter helps the Comfort system run more efficiently and use less energy-another way to save money.
- Leaky ductwork is often the number one culprit of residential energy loss. Locating and sealing air leaks can drastically improve energy efficiency and comfort level in your home.
By following these simple steps, your system will run at its most efficient level and you will save money at the same time. If you have questions about the efficiency of your home comfort system, contact the NATE certified technicians at Hobaica Services. We have been serving the Valley of the Sun since 1952, and look forward to assisting you will your HVAC needs.
“You’ll Lika Hobaica!”