The Air Conditioning Unit on your home is a big investment. So, you want to keep it running efficiently at the minimum expense. Let’s face it, scorching Arizona temperatures are just around the corner.
Regular air conditioning maintenance can keep you cool when temps reach the 100’s, and save you money at the same time. Cooling equipment that is regularly maintained is less likely to break down, runs more efficiently, and keeps your monthly utility bills low.
By servicing your equipment before the summer heat hits you avoid:
- interruptions in service
- costly repairs
- lengthy waits for service due to peak service times
Pre-season system maintenance should include the following:
- Inspect and clean the condensate drain – a blockage here can increase indoor humidity levels, or worse, cause water damage.
- Clean evaporator and condensing coils – dirty coils reduce energy efficiency and make your equipment work harder, shortening its life span.
- Check the refrigerant level – improper levels decrease energy efficiency. If necessary, make adjustments according to manufacturer specifications.
- Clean the blower – restricted air flow will cause unnecessary decreases in efficiency negatively impacting your home comfort.
On a monthly basis the homeowner should change air filters. A dirty air filter will restrict air flow and can potentially damage your equipment.
You’re A/C maintenance professional at www.hobaica.com is your resource for pre-season and annual service. Our professionals and can assist you with any questions about service contracts that can save you money and head off costly repairs before they occur.Fans Add Comfort to Your Home » « HEPA Air Filters 101