Summers in the Southwest are known for heat, a dry heat that forces equipment to prove it’s worth every day. This means that your air conditioner needs to be in good working order to keep you comfortable throughout the summer. Having your unit thoroughly checked by licensed HVAC contractor will help to ensure that your unit will not break down when you need it most. In addition, you can save on energy costs if the unit is operating at its maximum efficiency.
A qualified technician will follow some basic measures to make certain that your unit is operating at peak performance..
These measures will usually involve:
– Replacement of the air filter In addition, the air handler and evaporator coil should be cleaned. When the air handler and evaporator coil become covered with buildup and grime, there is a good chance that the coil will freeze over. Frozen coils will cost you in increased electric bills and can cause the compressor to fail.
– Measure the airflow into the individual rooms of your home. This will be done by checking the individual ducts that bring air to the rooms. If ducts are deteriorated, restricted or leaking they will cost you in the long run.
-Ensure that all electrical connections and contact points are clean, tight and secure as well as performing a thorough inspection of each and every electrical component of your system. The experts have the sense and training to spot potential problems before they become costly repairs.
– Lubrication of all motors and check for excessive bearing wear for smooth and efficient operation
– A Test and calibration of the thermostat to ensure proper readings and function.
– Make certain that the system is charged properly with refrigerant. If the refrigerant level is reading low, the technician will perform a leak within the system and repair them.
– Thoroughly clean the outdoor coils and straighten any bent fins for maximum effectiveness.
The HVAC technician will apply his or her expertise in order to have your unit in proper working order. A clean system will operate more efficiently and offer the most cooling for the least cost. A properly functioning system will save you money and keep you comfortable.
Hobaica Service is ready to help you with your home comfort needs, since 1952.
Visit us @ www.hobaica.comHave You Cleaned Your Coils Lately? » « Saving Energy – A Common Sense Approach