How to Deal With an AC Breakdown
Your home can quickly become hot, uncomfortable and an impossible place to live for the whole family when you experience an air conditioning breakdown in the Phoenix area. Temperatures are already breaking 100 degrees, and we don’t have to tell you that the sweltering heat is only going to get worse in the coming months. If your air conditioning has stopped working, is blowing hot air or not cooling well enough to keep you comfortable, contact us to quickly resolve the issue and avoid some serious havoc in your life!
Hobaica is here to help you not only stay comfortable, but also to keep you and your family safe and give you one less thing to worry about!
How to Tell if Your AC is Going to Fail
Here are a few basic signs that your air conditioner is at risk of breaking down:
- Strange Noises – Odd sounds coming from your AC system, such as grinding squealing, or louder than usual operating noise are all signs that your AC is struggling to keep you comfortable.
- Warm Air From Vents – This is by far the most obvious sign that your AC is struggling; if the air coming out of your vents does not feel cold. That air temperature should typically be 20 degrees cooler than the temperature inside your home.
- No Water From Your Drain Line – During the heat of our Summer, you should always see some water coming out of the AC unit drain line. If you don’t see any water, this is a sign that your AC is not operating at full capacity or some major water damage is on its way!
- Excessive Run Time – If your AC seems to be running all day and does not cycle off until the sun goes down, it is not operating at full capacity. It will most likely break down when you least expect it!
Finding a Provider You Can Trust
Whether you’ve already called your AC provider for service or are looking for someone you can trust, here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Online Reputation – Look for a company with a high number of positive online reviews on services such as Google, Facebook, BBB & Nearby Now, so you can be confident in the quality of their customer service.
- Stability With Years in Business – Look for a company that has been in business for many years with a proven track record of success and make sure they have an A+ BBB rating.
- Proper Credentials – For your protection, it’s essential to only work with a licensed, bonded and insured company.
What to Do if You Are Not Comfortable With Your Current Estimate or Service Provider
Are you experiencing any of these red flags with your recent AC repair or replacement estimate?
- Price seems excessive
- The condition of your AC was not communicated to you in a way you can understand
- Your service provider did not supply you with photos or a video so you can clearly see what your system’s problems look like
- Pricing is not clear, up front & in writing
- Your service tech seemed pushy to convince you to make an expensive repair or replace your entire system
If you have doubts…trust your gut and get a FREE second opinion from Hobaica. It’s better to be safe than sorry! Call Hobaica for a complimentary second opinion to put your mind at ease.
Established in 1952, we have developed an impeccable reputation for being one of the most trusted names in Phoenix. With Hobaica, you can always trust that our professionals will be honest, polite and knowledgeable, while providing you with an experience that is guaranteed to give you 100% satisfaction. We live by our company promise in everything we do…We Do The Right Thing, Even When Nobody Is Watching. Check out our reviews and credentials to see how we continue to exceed our customer’s expectations every time.
Call us at 602-633-9555 for a free second opinion from the most likable people you’ll ever meet! We Guarantee, You’ll Lika…Hobaica!